Volunteers are the heart of Sowing Seeds For Life, we are thankful to welcome individuals and groups who wish lend their kind hands and talents to help us serve thousands of people monthly.
Volunteer work includes all ages, diverse religious and ethnic groups. Individuals with varied ability levels and economic resources can provide useful services. You can be a productive team member, meet other people who share your convictions, and have fun! Volunteers are the lifeblood of many non-profits, and Sowing Seeds relies heavily on the goodwill of their volunteer corps to helps serve our mission to involve, educate, and unite people in the work to end hunger.
What Services do Volunteers Perform?
- We ask volunteers to work the line and or help set up and sort the food on the line, which represents the heart of SSFL FoodBank’s operations. You will be trained to conscientiously check, sort, and hand out food throughout the entire pantry distribution time.
- Special fund-raising events such as the Holiday Drive are always in need of helping hands and minds to perform a variety of services.
- SSFL provides many other specialized volunteer areas that need staffing on a regular basis. Such opportunities include:
- Becoming a member of SSFL Speakers’ Bureau and speaking on behalf of SSFL at community events.
- Collaborations are key to successfully serving our communities, and why we are excited to team with many partner agencies
- Loading and unloading trucks, and driving for SSFL.
- Office and computer-based work.